Saturday, September 26, 2020

Management Lessons for Entrepreneurs - Inspiration from Everywhere.


Yawn. It was time to sleep, the movie I was watching was too interesting to leave midway. I decided to finish the movie and then sleep. It was way past my bed time. An hour later, when the movie got over, i decided to go to bed. I tossed and turned but there was no sign of sleep. The incidents of the movie were still lingering on in my mind. I put on a meditation music and quietly rolled off to sleep.

The alarm bell rang at its usual time and i cracked open one eye to see who was disturbing me. The twilight brightened the sky and the sun was about to rise. I wanted to sleep more. I pulled the blanket on my face to cover any noise and light that may fall on my face. Then i made a sigh. I thought to myself, if I didn't get up in time, all the work will get rolled on. It will spoil the entire day's routine. I turned around and stuck my face in the pillow. 

I decided to lay in bed for few more minutes. Then i suddenly remembered my friend Madhur. It didn't matter what time he slept the previous night. He would always get up on time in the morning. It was easy to catch him and speak to him at that time. This helped him to be a regular in studies and never had any pending work on him. We used to envy this quality which always kept him ahead of us always. I was inspired.

Kids are the source of inspiration all the time. My daughter Nandika, takes up a task and doesn't stop doing it until she is satisfied with it. Eating, sleeping, playing, everything comes to a stand still for her, until that activity gets completed. You cant cajole her to do anything else. She doesn't budge. This dedication is a result of an innocent and sincere fascination to do some activity. It does not matter whether or not it is a points earning activity or just fun. It has to be finished once started. So true for us Entrepreneurs. I was inspired.

Being a generally positive person may not be very difficult but being always positive is definitely a challenge. Further to motivate others to be positive makes it even more complicated. We had once decided that we will start drinking at least 3 liters of water everyday. So the first day, 3 bottles full of water were kept on my table for me to have a count of what i did. I managed to finish two, which was by far a great achievement by my standards. To take a stock of the progress, next day my hubby, Malay, asked me, how much water did you drink yesterday? I was definitely not proud of my achievement and shyly told him, one bottle was remaining. He smiled and told me to look at the glass as half full rather than otherwise. This made me realize how we make our life complicated by making simple things negative and then its all downhill from there. Keeping Positivity Up lets us have a right approach to situations. I was inspired.

I was a part of Toastmasters club and was generally regular one at the meetings. Once in a while i chose to skip the meetings as well. Our founding president, Ajay, was a regular. He never missed a meeting. One meeting i saw he was not too well. I asked him what happened and he explained how a medicine had reacted while treating his fever. Had I been in his place, I would have decided to stay at home and relax. But here he was, all dedicated, participating in the meeting. It was no wonder, that in due course of time, his speeches improved drastically and the hold on meetings became better. He has been consistently winning contests, making the club members proud and the fans happier. This kind of commitment doesn't come in one day. It is the result of long sensitivity and genuine interest. Commitment delivers results. I was inspired.

I don't want to become DTM, i told him. But Amol wasn't listening. He always believed in getting results out of any activity. Put in good effort and derive value out of whatever opportunity you have. Don't do an activity without any results. Do not leave it in the middle. He said, if you are putting in efforts, why not derive something out of it. You have put in efforts and now it's going to take a little more push and you will be able to achieve it. Logically it made sense. Focussed effort will always deliver results. I was inspired.

Inspiration brings in Hope. It brings in the confidence. Yes, Even I can do it. It tells us, that we should also commit. Dedicate ourselves to a cause and give our best with positivity. Then, nothing will be unachievable in life. It tells us that focussed efforts will deliver results. All these above, are little, day to day stories of people who inspire us. People around us, motivate us, make us realize that aha moment we get because of actions of others. It is about being aware and noticing these little things which we are surrounded with. And get inspired. 

Thus, i decided to get up and make myself useful. Since, i remembered Madhur, i remembered that i had to read his daughter's blogs and give her feedback on them. A morning nicely spent, reading lovely blogs from Kashvi who is growing up to be a darling child. But more importantly, her blogs inspired me to write. For Entrepreneurs, self discipline and inspiration works the best. Keeping our eyes and ears open and get your inspiration. Its high time we open our eyes and see around us. Get Inspired.




No comments: